Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Virtual Room - Silver and White

It's all West Elm's fault. They've got me obsession about silver. All day long while I am preparing boring legal documents I am secretly designing a silver and white loft in my head.

It started with West Elm's silver ottoman, that I wrote about here. I just can't get it out of my mind. I am in serious lust. I mean look at that! Simply gorgeous! Whenever I design rooms, they are all white. White walls, and white floors, like a cloud. I could totally see three to six of these ottomans lined up in lieu of a sofa. Ahh. What other pieces would I put in this romantic cloudy room? How about a lamp? What about the heavenly Yoga from Kundalini Italy.

I like the idea of the loft being almost empty, and having very large windows. What should cover those windows? What about these translucent light tiles by Jet Mous?

When I design a room, it occurs to me that I am much more fascinated by accessories than furniture. Now don't get me wrong. I love furniture. But I always start with accessories and go from there. Hmm. Seems to be a contradiction to my love of minimalism. Here are some other possibilities for the romatic silver and white loft:

Tord Boontje silver garland lamp from Modern Poverty. Very affordable at $55.00. I've been wanting a Boontje lamp for a long time.

Boontje's work reminds me of origami. I would love to see it paired with a rustic, low Japanese table like this one from Jtansu. Now I need to find some very yummy floor pillows to go around the table.


Target has a very beautiful tea set that would look wonderful on this table.

Hmm. Now I need a painting for this virtual room. I think I'm going to start experimenting with silver and metallic paint.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin