Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pottery Jones

Today is a holiday at Creative Influences! That's right - it's pottery day once again. What could be better to obsess about? Come celebrate pure white, gold, geometric and organic forms with me and forget about your troubles for a while.





Ruffle vase and porcelain jug from Global Table.
Next to my vase that I broke, the Boa Vase by Bodo Sperlein is one of my all time favorites. Available at Unica Home. Simply gorgeous.








These stunningly sculptural vases are by flickr usr Anczelowitz. If you are a pottery lover, you must check out his flickr site. This guy is totally cute, prolific and his collections extremely diverse.
I can't imagine that anyone who blogs about design hasn't heard of or isn't in love with Jaime Hayon. These ultra-cool ceramics are available at Unica Home. I just can't help it - I dig 'em. Not sure why. Maybe it's because they remind me of urban toys or of aliens.


Japanese artist Nagae Shigekazu really pushes the envelope when it comes to porcelain forms. I love the windy feel of this piece. I've been seeing a lot of intriguing origami pieces in decor lately, but I don't think I've seen anything as beautiful as Shigekazu's work. Shigekazu's work can be seen at past exhibits of the Yufuku Gallery. The Gallery is now represented by Toku Art.



Moon Jar at Antique Alive. This is a great site carrying works in the Korean master tradition. A must see for any pottery lover.



These affordable vases are from West Elm. $49.00 for the set. Hmm. Thinking about ordering. And while I was on their site, I got very excited about their holiday decor. I never really decorate for holidays. Not sure why, but feel like it ruins my decor. Although this year maybe different with beautiful items like these. I am really digging these lacquer boxes and just look at that gorgeous white lantern. Oh my. So hard to be a minimalist.







And it's not pottery - but I am seriously lusting after this silver ottoman from West Elm, though it's too pricey for me. Just as well, it would start a whole new wave in my apartment. I could see a romantic, silvery moroccan vibe.... Ah, just as well to collect images.

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

That silvery ottoman is seriously beautiful

Vineeta said...

This post Totally rocks!!!I love the suspended glass bowls with candles in it & the silver and gold pottery! to die for.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin