Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Color Lab - found objects




Almost anything that is pleasing to you can become a color scheme in your home. No colors really clash and color schemes can be updated easily. There is nothing more fun to contemplate than colors, objects and shapes and how to balance them in your environment. In fact, these happy dilemmas often help me make it through my mind-numbingly boring day job.






I found these beads on the street, on different days. They are profound to me because each appeared when I was contemplating that particular color. Turquoise and orange. And then olive, a new color for me.



I recently bought this olive pillow at Old Time Pottery for $1.99. I wasn't sure I liked it at the time, but I love it now.

2 comments:

Vineeta said...

I love the way you go about your life & choices- so organically. I guess many of us do that but we dont think of it that way- we are not aware. But i think the awareness makes all the difference. And thanx to that you have a new colour in your home & life- that's awesome :)

Peggy said...

Vineeta, thanks for the comment and for always visiting!

I am not so sure it is awareness as much as it is obsessive compulsive disorder.

I read something recently about human beings' need to document their lives. Have to see if I can find that article again.

My apartment changes so much and for some reason I feel compelled to document the process. It's a sickness really.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin